Every week our friends at The Georgia Straight provide us with a preview of what you’ll see on – and in – their paper that week. They are the source for lifestyle and entertainment in our city and along with their robust online presence they’ve always released a print edition, distributed everywhere each Thursday.
This issue is their 2,471st and on the cover this week is the DOXA Documentary Film Festival: Reid Fleming, World’s Toughest Milkman, crashes Vancouver; plus, films on Greenpeace, drones, and a fake Elvis.
Their homepage for everything DOXA (including +15 reviews and many more on the way) is HERE.
And here are some links to stories highlighted on the cover:
– Of milkmen and Greenpeace at the 14th DOXA Documentary Film Festival coverstory by Martin Dunphy
– Vancouver Public Library will launch Inspiration Lab as part of 21st century changes to central branch by Charlie Smith
– Vancouver International Burlesque Festival boasts a rock ‘n’ roll Handfull by Janet Smith
– Anna Olson shares her elegant Tarte Au Chocolat recipe by Carolyn Ali
– Nontraditional school programs help students discover new careers by Carlito Pablo
They also have a package of education-themed articles out in this week’s print edition. Our education portal is HERE.
Pick up a copy of the Straight when you see it!