The World Building, 1913

0
1609

R. Broadbridge photo, Vancouver Public Library VPL 8388.

1913
The World Building
This imposing edifice at the corner of Pender and Beatty was first called the World Building for its inaugural tenant, the Vancouver World. After that newspaper folded, the Vancouver Sun occupied the building for many years and it became known as the Sun Tower. From 1968 to 1996 it was occupied by the Geological Survey of Canada, but “Geological Survey of Canada Tower” never caught on.

View the entire Metro Vancouver History 365 Series HERE.

chuck-davis-history-of-vancouver

MOV-Story