The sun is out and the temperature is rising, so it seems like ice cream season has finally arrived! From creamy classics to inventive flavours and even the odd vegan option, Vancouver is an ice cream and gelato-lovers paradise. Check out these must-try spots:
1. Rain or Shine Ice Cream (1926 W 4th Ave #102)
Homemade, natural ingredients and more than creative flavours to keep your tastebuds happy. Also, ice cream tacos!
2. Soft Peaks (25 Alexander St)
Organic soft serve in the heart of Gastown. Toppings include local honeycomb, Himalayan pink salt, different cereals and more.
3. Amato Gelato (78 E 1st Ave)
A family-run business that has been scooping authentic Italian gelato for more than forty years!
4. Bella Gelateria (1001 W Cordova St)
Some have called it ‘the best gelato in the world’. Accolades aside, it’s delicious.
5. Earnest Ice Cream (3992 Fraser St and 1829 Quebec St)
The perfect blend of innovative and classic flavours. Great vegan options too!
6. Timothy’s Frozen Yogurt (3800 Bayview St, Richmond, BC)
A Steveston classic! Choose your fruit, get it blended, and enjoy it by the water.
7. Mister Artisan Ice Cream (1141 Mainland St)
Made from scratch in-house using natural ingredients and liquid nitrogen. That means richer, creamier, denser ice cream without the use of additives.
8. La Casa Gelato (1033 Venables St)
Another gelato staple. They boast 588 flavours with 238 on site at all times.
9. Tangram Creamery (2729 Arbutus St)
Ice cream, sorbet, smores and excellent coffee. You can’t go wrong!
10. Rocky Point Ice Cream (2800 Murray St, Port Moody, BC)
High quality, small batch ice cream made from 90% locally sourced ingredients. We’ll take an Earl Grey ‘n Honey please.
11. Virtuous Pie Vegan Pizza and Ice Cream (583 Main St)
Don’t scoff at their vegan cones. This plant-based ice cream is perfection!
12. Brown Paper Packages Ice Cream (620 Quebec St)
Italian inspired flavour combos and the most gorgeous ice cream sandwiches in the city.