Each and every Wednesday our friends at The Georgia Straight give us a preview of what you’ll see on – and in – their paper the next day. They are the source for lifestyle and entertainment stories in our city and along with their robust online presence they release a printed version which is distributed all over Vancouver each Thursday.
This issue is the 2,434th and on the cover this week is Healthy Living. How to remove disease-causing chemicals and poisonous metals from your body. Plus aboriginal healing, Wi-Fi in hospitals, mountain biking, food safety, and gluten-free beer.
Here are links to stories highlighted on the cover:
- Detoxifying the body of harmful chemicals and metals is easier than it might seem coverstory by Charlie Smith
- Gateway Pacific Theatre Festival brings Hong Kong to the stage by Janet Smith
- Joan Jett earned her status as a rock ’n’ roll icon by Mike Usinger
- Cuts to Canadian Food Inspection Agency risk food safety by Gail Johnson
More Healthy Living stories:
- Gitxsan First Nation healers urge residential-school survivors to open up and reflect by Travis Lupick
- More hospital Wi-Fi would foster connections among patients and families by Travis Lupick
- Gluten-free beer options expand, but which ones really taste good? by Carolyn Ali
Pick up a copy of the Straight when you see it tomorrow!