Back in 2008 a minor tragedy hit my family as our dog, Frankie, chewed up and swallowed a rubber ball and its pieces got stuck in his intestines. It was only a couple weeks prior to the due date of our son and not only was it a strain on our nerves but we couldn’t afford to pay the vet bill (which included the x-ray shown below, some medicine, etc). I made a plea here on the blog, which was less than a year old at the time, and our readers came in and saved us, covering every last penny of Frankie’s vet bill. I can’t remember exactly how much it was but it was more than $500.
I felt really lucky at the time (I still do), and so …READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY>>>