Each and every Wednesday our friends at The Georgia Straight give us a preview of what you’ll see on – and in – their paper the next day. They are the source for lifestyle and entertainment stories in our city and along with their robust online presence they release a printed version which is distributed all over Vancouver each Thursday.
This issue is the 2,435th and on the cover this week week is TaiwanFest. Rice vs. Noodles: At TaiwanFest, Vancouver chef Tom Lee hosts a culinary battle featuring two staples of Asian diets. HERE is a link to a portal with TaiwanFest stories.
Here are links to stories highlighted on the cover:
- Taiwanfest chefs take the stage for a rice versus noodles battle by Tara Lee
- Labour-relations expert says “imagination” could open B.C. classrooms on September 2 by Carlito Pablo
- Vancouver tech startups boost 3-D printing by Stephen Hui
- Bend Sinister gets ambitious by Alex Hudson
More TaiwanFest coverage:
- At Vancouver’s Taiwanfest, Pili puppetry enthralls by Charlie SMith
- At Taiwanfest, Buddhist Compassion Relief Tzu Chi Foundation volunteers give back by Gail Johnson
- Movies and music entwine at this year’s Taiwanfest by Ken Eisner
Pick up a copy of the Straight when you see it tomorrow!