Every week our friends at The Georgia Straight provide us with a preview of what you’ll see on – and in – their paper that week. They are the source for lifestyle and entertainment in our city and along with their robust online presence they’ve always released a print edition, distributed everywhere each Thursday.
This issue is their 2,463rd and on the cover and portal this week is their 18th annual #GoldenPlates restaurant awards: straight.com/goldenplates/2015.
J-C Poirier’s pasta has helped Ask Luigi win best new restaurant; plus how Vancouver dines, and readers’ picks for the best food and drinks.
Here are some links to stories highlighted on the cover:
– Chefs and readers agree: just Ask for Luigi coverstory by Michelle da Silva
– Turning Point finds tradition in modernity by Alexander Varty
– Environment and wildlife new areas for B.C. civil forfeitures by Travis Lupick
– BIL 2015 invites everyone to give TED-style talks in Vancouver by Stephen Hui
– Dan Mangan gives credit where it’s due by John Lucas
Pick up a copy of the Straight when you see it!