At Got Craft? last weekend, I spied some rad and new-to-me local crafts I just have to share with you all. I’ll go at it bulleted-list style to keep things simple.
- A Cagey Bee makes adorable robot bookplate stickers. Every book I give to a child will get one of these.
- I finally scored a vintage-fabric-covered pin board from Bliss in a Teacup. I can’t wait to hang it in my wee work nook.
- Locomotive Clothing Co. had organic-cotton t-shirts, and they didn’t cost a fortune. Right on!
- BuenoStyle jewelry is made from wicked vintage finds, like old doorknobs designer Christi Jessica York scored in New York City.
- Natasha of Penelope Brown was at Got Craft? for the first time, and I fell in love with her colourful paintings.
- Finally, Lili and Henry of the soon-to-open Spool of Thread Sewing Lounge (look for it at 15th and Fraser) had a whole crafts setup so folks could make their own pinwheel pins. It was awesome fun.
The next Got Craft? is in December. But I’ve queued up enough shopping to last me till then, dontcha think?